Spanish Law for Public and Community Pools
In December 2013 the Spanish Government introduced strict new laws covering Public and Community Swimming Pools.
Covered in these new laws were -
- The permitted chemicals and the dispensing of chemicals
- Water testing regulations
- Signs required to be on public display
- Safety equipment that must be available
- Requirements of companies maintaining pools
- Record keeping of pool water quality
- Health and Safety closure requirements
As the elected president of community they bear full responsibility for the operation of the community swimming pool(s) and it is their duty to ensure that their pool is complying with the laws and failure to do so can mean pool closure and that penalties can be applied.
If you are in any doubt whatsoever regarding which laws cover your pool please contact us.